Rajinder Bath for Heston West
Rajinder has lived in Hounslow for over 56 years and has lived in the ward since 1976. He is standing for re-election in Heston West, which he has represented since 1990 continuously.
A retired Civil Servant with extensive management and financial skills, Rajinder has held several senior positions in the Council over the many years of his service. Rajinder was Mayor of Hounslow in 1998. He is a lifelong committed trade unionist and believes strongly in equality and works tirelessly for the elderly, disabled and most vulnerable residents in the ward.
Rajinder has always campaigned for more police on our streets and will continue to do so in the face of stinging Conservative cuts. He will also continue fighting against the devastating effect of Conservative cuts which have had a hugely damaging effect on core Council services.
Some of his ward successes include:
1) Renewing and replacing aged play equipment on Redwood Estate
2) Working with developers and the Council to approve the first new public park in London for a generation at Rectory Farm
3) Working with local residents to achieve a solution to traffic issues on North Hyde Lane
4) Successfully lobbying Hounslow Highways to bring forward highways works in the ward.
5) Helping get approval for a new purpose built health centre in Heston West
6) Lobbying the ward police team to increase visibility around Heston West.
7) Working with the Council to reduce and prevent fly tipping on the Brabazon Estate.